US EXPORT CONTROLS
TSA imports a range of products and delivers services, that are subject to export and foreign trade control laws, which governs the approvals process for the exporting or Military and Commercial products.
- Arms Export Control Act (AECA 22 U.S.C. 2751-2796) which regulates the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) – 22 C.F.R. 120-130.
- Export Control Reform Act of 2018 (ERCA 50 U.S.C 4601-4622) which regulates the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) – 15 C.F.R. 730-774.
Specifically, the jurisdiction of these items that TSA provides to its clients are either an ITAR or EAR products which defined by being a product that is on either the:
- United States Munition List – (USML Category) – ITAR.
- Commerce Control List – (CCL Export Control Classification Number (ECCN)) – EAR.
The administration of these export controls is governed by either:
- ITAR – Department of State.
- EAR – US Department of Commerce.
It is important to know that in acquiring your capability that there is a potential lag in time due to the clearance process by either of these departments. The TSA Compliance Officer or Defence and Government team can provide further details.